Today was especially hot. You know, one of those days when you need to strip off as much as possible so you can take the heat. I had planned to take Watson to the pool when Wes got home from work, but Watson was having so much fun riding his tractor and playing with the neighbor kids that he didn't care to go the pool. So, we turned on the sprinklers and they had a hey day. (I hope no one from the water authority reads this or we are busted for disobeying the water ban.) Neighborhood kids came out of the woodwork to come to play. We found watermelon, blueberries and cherries in the fridge so we all sat in the driveway munching away. It was the quintessential summer evening. I suppose the only way to make it more perfect would be if we had fresh squeezed lemonade.
Jun 4, 2008
Summer is Here!
Today was especially hot. You know, one of those days when you need to strip off as much as possible so you can take the heat. I had planned to take Watson to the pool when Wes got home from work, but Watson was having so much fun riding his tractor and playing with the neighbor kids that he didn't care to go the pool. So, we turned on the sprinklers and they had a hey day. (I hope no one from the water authority reads this or we are busted for disobeying the water ban.) Neighborhood kids came out of the woodwork to come to play. We found watermelon, blueberries and cherries in the fridge so we all sat in the driveway munching away. It was the quintessential summer evening. I suppose the only way to make it more perfect would be if we had fresh squeezed lemonade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment