Jun 8, 2008

Roughing It

We spent a fun-filled weekend at Carters Lake in North Georgia camping with Nana and Dub (or should I say "Bubby" like Watson?). We really roughed it...our Airstream camper had the coldest AC and Wes and Watson slept in a tent with an air matress, a fan and a DVD player. I thought Wes was crazy when he suggested that they sleep in a tent - it's a far cry from the Ritz Carlton, which would be his first preference. But, he surprised me and said that he enjoyed it. Some fellow campers killed a water moccasin that was over four feet long about two camp sites over from ours. Needless to say, I was a little concerned about my men sleeping outside the next night! Watson played for hours in the pea gravel with his bucket and shovel and tractor. So much that he needed a good scrubbing. So, we filled up the little red wagon with suds and made our own bubble bath. Who knew wagons could be so universal? Our meals were incredible. Food always seems to taste better outside. Coffee, too. Sophia was an angel and seemed to enjoy the great outdoors. We managed a good long nap together on Saturday afternoon. I so enjoyed our time together as a family. We seem to be so crazy busy lately that it was wonderful to spend time just hanging out with my babies...and everyone else, too!

No comments: