hen we arrived so I could unfold out of the backseat and my ears could quit ringing. After lunch, Wes and Nana took Watson fishing in the pond. Watson had his own rod which he learned to cast. I was surprised that he wanted to play with the crickets because he will not touch his fake, play bugs at home. The next day after breakfast (Watson ate five eggs), we took a little drive to Cherokee, had our picture taken with some Indians and panned for rubies at a roadside mine. Watson found some pretty rocks in his bucket but we didn't strike it rich. He enjoyed playing in the dirt the most. Watson's souvenir from the trip is a wooden snake which he calls "Snakey." For some reason he keeps adding a "y" to the end of his words. "I don't want that soapy. I want some more milky. Read that booky." He also calls ants "anks". We stopped at the Piggly Wiggly and while I ran in to grab a couple of things, Daddy, Nana and Dub told him that I was coming back with a pig. Well, needless to say, I did not come back with a pig and Watson was so very disappointed. I told him that it ran away because it was the best thing I could make up on a moment's notice. The next morning, Watson looked at Wes and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Mommy let that pig run away?" Why am I the bad guy? I just ran in for some diapers and now I am evil because I cannot keep up with a pig.....Life is just not fair.Sophia sneezed this morning and Watson said, "Bless you Fia. Bless you Fia. BLESS YOU FIIIIIAAAAA." Perhaps he didn't think she heard him the first time. It was very sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment