walking along the shoreline, splashing in the puddles, and he kept walking and walking. I thought that surely he would turn around and head back my direction when he realized how far away he had walked. Instead, he started walking with another family and I had to run to retrieve him. A Baywatch moment. Me, running to save my son from running off with some family from Connecticut. Wes picked up a beach shovel at Dollar General and it has been the best three dollars we have ever spent. Watson loves his shovel. I am amazed that he will share it at all.I do not think Sophia cares for the beach. It is so very bright and windy so she cannot sleep very well. We could put Watson on beach towel for a nap at her age and carry on with our day. But, she wants to be on her belly snuggled up in bed. We have taken her a couple of times in her infant carrier and I think she may be getting used to it. She must get used to it because her Mommy loves the beach.
My favorite time of day to be on the beach has always been in the evening when the sun begins to set and the sky turns brilliant shades of pink. This week has been extra fun with a two-year-old. Watson and Wes have caught crabs in his net and the moon has taken over where the sun left off. Watson looked at me one evening and said, "It's dark Mommy. Sun went night-night." I replied, "Yes, sun went night-night." Watson said, "It's tired, Mommy." He noticed the stars and was so excited about the moon. I told him that stars are up in heaven, where Jesus lives. A few minutes later, he wanted to check on Sophia who was tucked away from the wind in her infant carrier. He told her, "Fia. I Watson. Jesus lives up there." So sweet indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment