Apr 19, 2008

Disgusting

Watson has been on the egg kick. If you ask him what he wants for breakfast - eggs. For lunch - eggs. For dinner - eggs. You get the picture. Wes cooked him eggs one morning but used a different pan. Watson took one bite and gagged then said, "These are disgusting!" as he pushed his plate away. Poor Wes. He is such a good cook and I don't think he has ever heard anyone say that about his cooking before (Well, I forgot about the Jambalaya dinner...another story).

Last night, we decided to take a little break from seafood and eat at La Paz. On the way back to the condo, Watson was sniffing and snorting and said, "Get those boogers Mommy. Boogers." I asked him if he needed to blow his nose as I was handing him a tissue and told me yes, which he will never admit. He snorted some more then handed me back the tissue. Ahh, the joys of motherhood.

We stopped at TCBY for ice cream and Watson didn't want to eat just his. He wanted my scoop, too. I am trying really hard to teach him to share, but there a couple of things I really don't like to share. One is grilled cheese sandwiches, another is bacon and the other is ice cream. I dutifully surrendered. I suppose mommies need a lesson in sharing sometimes, too.

I had enough of the sharing lesson this morning when he wanted to eat my breakfast (yes, we had bacon!) after he had finished his. What's a mother got to do to get some food around here?

Luckily, he didn't want my lunch, which we enjoyed on the balcony of our condo after a long morning of beach and pool. I could so live here!!

No comments: