Mar 29, 2008

Bobbles

Has it really been almost a week since my last post? It has really flown by rather quickly. Today we attended Zach's 3rd birthday party at the Peachtree Dekalb airport. Watson played and played on the playground next to the airstrip and enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. He even got to see a helicopter take off.

Anyone who knows Watson, knows how much he LOVES his pacifiers. "Bobbles" he calls them - a fancy term coined by his cousin Jaxon. Last night, he was getting into bed and cried out, "My bobble," and then a few seconds later he added, "sssss". I suppose he does understand plural nouns since he goes to sleep every night with one in his mouth and two in each hand. I kissed him and told him goodnight and that I loved him. His response was, "I love me, Mommy." He also knows how to use his pronouns correctly. I think my child is a genius....

Sophia has learned to laugh. Wes tickled her today and she just cackled. Other times, she talked and talked with the pitch of a cat. She grabbed at her pacifier today. You could tell she was focused on it and tried so hard to reach for it. It will be convenient for us when she can put it back in her mouth herself! I wonder if she will love her bobbles as much as her brother?

Watson is rather opinionated. Yesterday, he refused to put his pants back on after a diaper change so he was running around the house in his t-shirt and diaper. He went into the garage and asked to ride his tractor and I told him that he could play outside, but that he had to put his clothes on first. He said no, so I told him come back into the house from the garage. He then told me, "No thanks, Mommy. I want to play here." Hmmm....do I rejoice in the fact that at least he exhibits good manners as he defies me?

No comments: