This week has been marked with illness at my house. I understand the the phrase "cough up a lung" because that is what I thought Wes would do. I knew he was really sick when I left for an appointment on Thursday and Wes was lying on the sofa at two in the afternoon watching Ice Age....without Watson. Watson did not go to school either day this week because the pollen had gotten the best of him. "Hold me Mommy, hold me," I heard repeatedly. I did my best to keep him inside and away from the evil allergens. Whn he started feeling better, he would stand at the window and watch all the neighborhood kids playing and say, "Look, Mommy. Kids playing. I want to go outside. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!" I felt like the worst mother in the world for depriving my child of playing outside. Sophia and I have the crud, too. On a more positive note, my little, bitty baby is turning into roly poly. At her four-month checkup on Thursday with Dr. Ken, she weighed 15 lbs. 5 oz. and was 25.5 inches long. She was an angel!
Last night Wes and Watson cleaned out Watson's fish tank since the algae had taken over. We were happy to find the fish still swimming this morning. Watson told the fish, "Hi fish, I'm Watson. What doing you?" That seems to be the phrase of the week. He introduces himself to everything. Hi hammer, I'm Watson. Hi eggs, I'm Watson. Hi Fia, I'm Watson. If you sneeze or cough, he says, "Bless you, Mommy." We have been blessed a lot this week...thanks to the pollen.

No comments:
Post a Comment