Apr 23, 2008

Back to Reality

We had to come home today and I am so very sad. But we are bringing home a lot of wonderful memories of family time together. We enjoyed our last night on the beach with a picnic ("sand" sandwiches, thanks to Watson) while we watched the sun go down. Wes and Watson caught more crabs and Sophia slept.

Watson has amazed me with his vocabulary. He told me yesterday to look at his shadow. I don't know how he learned what a shadow is, but he seems to notice every shadow we come across now- palms trees, birds, etc. He also told me to look at his footprint while we were walking on the beach one day. "Mommy's big," he announced. Thanks buddy for pointing out what big feet your mother has.

We "left" all of Watson's bobbles for the crabs. He kicked the habit halfway into our trip and has only asked for them once - tonight when he went to bed. I told him that we left the bobbles at the beach for the crabs. He said, "Okay, Mommy," and that was that. I am sort of sad that he doesn't want them anymore. He is growing up and I am going to miss seeing his beautiful dimples and eyes shine around his binky. His bobble smile was such a cute thing and will forever be ingrained in my mind.

Now it's back to work. I am very thankful that we had such a wonderful trip.

2 comments:

Cher said...

I'm glad that your "letting go of the bobble" experience was a good one....believe me it's no fun when it's not! I love the pictures!

MamaFish said...

Sophia's the spitting image of you (at least in that picture!)