Nov 27, 2008

Happy First Birthday Sophia!

Can my baby really be one today? It does not seem possible. This year has gone by entirely too fast. We celebrated with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins with cake after Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Wes and I had this crazy idea that we could bake and decorate her cake ourselves even though we had never decorated a cake before. I think we went to bed last night around 2:30 because we had to work on this three-tiered masterpiece of a cake. It turned out quite pretty if I do say so myself. I was hoping for a fantastic photo of her tearing into her cake and getting it all over her face. Didn't happen. She put a finger in it and that was that. I don't think she likes to get dirty. For Thanksgiving, Wes cooked two turkeys, for which he had searched and searched for the perfect brine recipe. I didn't even know what brining (spelling?) was until this week. Very fancy and very tasty. I am so glad he likes to cook because I sure did enjoy the homemade cheesecake with fresh raspberry topping that he made too. I wonder how many pounds I put on today?

Back to my baby...we are so blessed that God gave her to us. She is the best baby ever! Happy Birthday Phia!




No comments: