May 25, 2008

What a Day

Last night we went out for a night on the town with friends. We had three in our group with May birthdays so we had the perfect excuse for some fun. One of our gracious friends rented a limo so we went to Atlanta in style. We dined at No Mas, a Mexican restaurant on Walker Street where we enjoyed the best salsa and cheese dip that I have ever eaten. If you have a chance, go! We got home at the fairly tame hour of midnight (thanks GiGi for staying at our house so late...Hmmm, I remember a time when I thought nidnight was early!) and all was well until about 4:30 when Wes woke up in severe pain with another kidney stone. Poor Wes. I think it is going to be a very long week. Watson climbed in bed with us at 5:30 and Sophia was up by 7. By that point, I had come to the realization that I had to get both kids to church with me extra early because I had handbell rehearsal. No skipping church today like a heathen since we were playing in the service. I couldn't leave them at home with Wes curled up in a ball. I made it to church (only a couple of minutes late because Watson needed his stinky diaper changed as we were walking out the door and I had to chase him around the house, threaten bodily harm and hold him down to change it) but I had to take Wes' filthy truck because my car was on empty. This turned out to work to my advantage because on our way home from church, Watson started an asthma coughing fit and then vomited everywhere. I think that he had eaten a million Goldfish in Sunday School. Poor Watson. Nana and Dub met me at our house to get the kids since I had to work all afternoon and there was no way that Wes could chase Watson all day. I finally made it to the subdivision and realized that I did not have my key because someone had borrowed it the week before and the key had not made it back on my key ring. Poor Mommy. I just wanted to sit down on the front porch of my office and cry like a baby. I didn't though. Wes should by crying...he is the one in pain.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I think it was time for a Medicintini!

Cher said...

What a day indeed!!! I don't envy that one! Love ya!