Mar 18, 2008

My Life is a Zoo

I have finally decided to enter the cyber world and start my own blog. I always felt strange about putting my ideas "out there" for others to see. The inspiration for my change of heart comes from my children, who amaze me so very much everyday that I just have to share my joy. That, and the fact that I just learned to text message in the last few weeks and this just seems like the next step. I know that I sound extremely old. Just like my grandmother did when she told me that DVD players and cordless phones were a bunch of bull. Now that I am a mother, I can definitely appreciate the simplicity of living without all of these technological advances. How much more time could I spend nurturing my kids if I were not surfing the internet?

My two-year-old son, Watson, says the craziest things and I hope to record those crazy things for our families to enjoy. I get so very busy that I forget to tell these stories so my plan is to share them here. I'll begin with last Sunday. We were on our way to church and I asked him if he wanted to sing a song. I thought "Jesus Loves Me" was an appropriate Sunday morning song so I sang it through. When I was finished, I asked him if he wanted to sing it with me again. His response was, "No Mommy. Bye-bye Jesus." A few weeks ago, I picked him up from preschool and he was hiding under the table. I called out," Where's Watson?" and he jumped out from under the table and exclaimed, "I find me!" Too cute. Well, maybe you do not think that is so very cute, but I wanted to cry from the cuteness. A couple of days ago, he was "helping" me in the bathroom (he likes to do the flushing) and he asked where my penis was. I am so not ready for penis questions yet! This morning he told Sophia, my three-month-old daughter, that he loved her without being prompted. He just said it. Just like that. "Love you Fia."

Today, we spent the day at the zoo with our friends Clint, Kathryn and their three-year-old Anna Kate. The kids, and the grown ups, had such a fun time. After we returned home, I asked Watson what his favorite part of the zoo was. He told me, "The monkeys, they stink" as he sniffed and snorted. I laughed and was secretely grateful that he did not puke from all of the smells. He has a weak stomach when it comes to foul smells. (Ask Aunt Dianne - aka MiMi - about her turnip greens.) I was surprised that he said the monkeys because he seemed to enjoy the carousel, playground and train ride more than anything. What a glorious day that we were able to enjoy as a family. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

Monogramchick said...

Welcome to the "blogosphere"! I can't wait to see more!

Kathleen said...

Candy,
If it weren't for those technological advances, that some call "bull", you would not be able to share the beauty of motherhood with your cousins like me. I look forward to reading more about your most important and precious job in life.... being a mother. I've been a mother now for 26 years, and everyday is even more special. In the most intense moments, remember "this too shall pass" and "God never gives us more than we can handle... He is always there to handle it for us". Trust me. My knees are raw from being on them so much asking for help.

Kathleen

MamaFish said...

Hi cousin! I have taken to keeping a journal just for the cute and funny things the children say; and the funny way they pronounce things.

Not long ago Tucker informed me "I don't like mustard. Some people don't like mustard, except for people who do."

He has had many comments about my anatomy that I don't want to publish here ;)