Oct 26, 2008
Oh Crap!
Being a parent is such a growth process. I am realizing that little children pay attention to everything which is making me so much more aware of what I say and do. Today, we went to Provino's after church. It was a quiet place so everything Watson said could be heard across the room. He had brought Benny the tractor in for entertainment and we realized today that Benny's scoop is magnetized. I pointed out the magnet feature and Watson says, "Yeah, maggot. Him has a maggot." I did my best to correct him, but he spent the rest of lunch referring to his maggot. While we were waiting on our food, he says, just out of the blue, "Oh crap." Loudly. So loud that I heard the table behind me laugh. I suppose it could have been a much worse word, but holy crap, where did he learn that? Ohhhh, from me perhaps? Then some new folks came in and Watson watched them get settled at a table and announced that "him is big, Mom." It turns out that he was referring to the elementary aged boy but I was ready to crawl under the table thinking that he was talking about a rather large man. What did I learn today? To watch what I say and do around my kids and plan my exit route out of a restaurant just in case I need to bolt quickly from embarrassment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment